New version of BornAgain released: 1.3
BornAgain 1.3 has been released.
This time we have been working on a deep refactoring of the machinery related to the positioning and rotation of particles. As a result
Particle, CoreShellParticle and
ParticleComposition can be rotated and translated inside layers in a similar way. We wrote a few tutorials explaining the latest changes.
Summary of changes in code:
- New functional test machinery to test all three domains simultaneously (C++, Pyton and GUI), covering more test cases in a more consistent way.
- Windows installer: for GUI use, python installation is no longer required
- GUI: added position/rotation to ParticleComposition and ParticleCoreShell and enabled adding ParticleComposition to another ParticleComposition
- GUI: possibility to open project files from older releases
- Various bugfixes
Summary of changes in documentation:
- Particles positioning tutorial
- Particles rotation tutorial
- Particle composition tutorial
- Working with sample parameters tutorial
- Introduction to the fitting
- Basic fitting tutorial
- Removed 'depth' from ParticleLayout::addParticle: new interface provides for abundance, position and possible rotation
More details on our Issue Tracker.
As always, we very much welcome your comments and feedback!