Cylinders and Prisms
Scattering from a mixture of cylinders and prisms without interference.
- The sample comprises a substrate on which are deposited, in equal proportion, cylinders and prisms.
- All particles are made of the same material.
- Each type of particle has the same orientation.
- The cylinders are 5 nm high and 5 nm in radius.
- Each prism is 5 nm high with an equilateral triangular base, whose side length is equal to 10 nm.
- There is no interference between the waves scattered by these particles. The distribution is therefore diluted.
- The incident neutron beam is characterized by a wavelength of 1 Å.
- The incident angles are αi = 0.2° and Φi = 0°.
- The simulation is performed using the Distorted Wave Born Approximation (due to the presence of a substrate).
""" Mixture of cylinders and prisms without interference """ import bornagain as ba from bornagain import deg, angstrom, nm def get_sample(): """ Returns a sample with uncorrelated cylinders and prisms on a substrate. """ # defining materials m_air = ba.HomogeneousMaterial("Air", 0.0, 0.0) m_substrate = ba.HomogeneousMaterial("Substrate", 6e-6, 2e-8) m_particle = ba.HomogeneousMaterial("Particle", 6e-4, 2e-8) # collection of particles cylinder_ff = ba.FormFactorCylinder(5*nm, 5*nm) cylinder = ba.Particle(m_particle, cylinder_ff) prism_ff = ba.FormFactorPrism3(10*nm, 5*nm) prism = ba.Particle(m_particle, prism_ff) particle_layout = ba.ParticleLayout() particle_layout.addParticle(cylinder, 0.5) particle_layout.addParticle(prism, 0.5) interference = ba.InterferenceFunctionNone() particle_layout.setInterferenceFunction(interference) # air layer with particles and substrate form multi layer air_layer = ba.Layer(m_air) air_layer.addLayout(particle_layout) substrate_layer = ba.Layer(m_substrate) multi_layer = ba.MultiLayer() multi_layer.addLayer(air_layer) multi_layer.addLayer(substrate_layer) print(multi_layer.treeToString()) return multi_layer def get_simulation(): """ Returns a GISAXS simulation with beam and detector defined. """ simulation = ba.GISASSimulation() simulation.setDetectorParameters(100, -1.0*deg, 1.0*deg, 100, 0.0*deg, 2.0*deg) simulation.setBeamParameters(1.0*angstrom, 0.2*deg, 0.0*deg) return simulation def run_simulation(): """ Runs simulation and returns resulting intensity map. """ simulation = get_simulation() simulation.setSample(get_sample()) simulation.runSimulation() return simulation.getIntensityData() if __name__ == '__main__': result = run_simulation() ba.plot_intensity_data(result)